This is how VFX Financial PLC (VFX) approaches customer privacy as it applies to the services offered through the VFX websites, and any VFX affiliate or subsidiary website that has a link to this privacy statement. This privacy statement describes how VFX websites collect, use and share information from or about you and explains how the information may be used for marketing purposes.
By using VFX branded websites, you agree to the terms and conditions of the privacy statement.
Customer privacy and why it is important to us
At VFX, we recognise and understand the importance of keeping our customers' personal data and account information secure.
- We use established industry protocols and well-established security standards to protect your personal information from unauthorised access or unlawful disclosure, accidental loss or destruction.
- We verify the identity of our customers through the use of personal passwords as well as two factor authentication or other information, in order to allow them to access to their account/s.
- We also use recognised industry counter-measures to protect our customers' accounts from fraudulent use.
VFX uses technology called Push Notifications across all our channels in connection with security authentication requirements and other general communications. Push notifications play an integral role in supporting our access protocols to our systems which provides you with reassurance that you have landed at our genuine website and can use our services with confidence.
Information we collect and use when you visit our websites
When you visit this site, we may collect certain types of information from you, such as information you provide via forms, surveys, applications, etc. We may also collect information about you from your online browsing, including your preferences, pages visited, technical information regarding your device and operating systems, such as your internet protocol address, domain name, system configuration and settings. We will also collect IP address geographical location data for the purposes of detecting and preventing potential fraud.
Cookies are small, innocuous files saved to a customer computer’s hard drive that track, save and store information about user's interactions and usage of the website. This allows us to provide you with a more user-friendly experience and prevent fraud.
Users are advised that if they wish to prevent the use and saving of cookies from this website they should take necessary steps within their web browsers security settings to block cookies from this website or on the case of mobile phones the user should consult the operating manual.
Use of Analytics
- We may use the information gathered when you visit our websites to improve the content of the website and make it more useful, as well as to monitor and/or record your activities for quality evaluation, training, legal and regulatory purposes.
- We may display personalised messages to you when you access and other VFX Financial PLC channels and applications.
Retention of your information
VFX Financial PLC are bound by a multitude of legislations and regulations, therefore we have to keep financial records for a stipulated duration depending on the overriding regulation. Please refer to the ‘VFX Data Classification, Retention and Disposal Policy’ which details the duration of time we are legally required to hold your data.
When you apply for a product
If you apply for a VFX product or if you hold an account with us any personal information which you provide to us will be used in accordance with this policy and the 'How we use your information' provisions set out in the relevant agreement.
Any personal information which you provide to us as part of any eligibility check you complete on our website, will be used in accordance with this policy and the eligibility check terms. For example, we may use information you provide, to help us analyse and develop our products, services, website content and advertising materials.
We may use any contact details that you provide to us in the course of an application for a product or as part of an eligibility check to contact you about your application or your account. We may contact you by email, text message, telephone or by post.
How we share your data
We may share information as required or as permitted by law with:
- Credit reference agencies for the purposes of customer identification and verification;
- Fraud prevention agencies;
- Service providers who perform services for us and help us operate our business including technology providers, web analytics providers (Google Analytics), third-party advertising agencies and social media platforms (for the purposes of advertising). Where we share information with service providers, we require them to safeguard such information and only use it for the purposes we specify;
- Associated brands operated by VFX;
- Payment scheme providers (for example MasterCard or Visa).
Where we store your personal data
We may transfer personal information to other countries outside of the European Economic Area. In such circumstances we are responsible for making sure that your information continues to be protected.
You have a right to access, update and change or correct your personal information held by VFX. If you want to do so or if you have any questions about how we process your personal information, please contact us.
If you would like to opt out of marketing broadcasts please login to your account and update your marketing communication preferences. If you have any issues, please contact us.
We will not provide personal information to any third parties for them to use for their own direct marketing purposes unless we have obtained your prior consent to do so.